If you are headed to Brecon Beacons National Park, or maybe even if you have just recently heard of it, you should check out all of the wonderful things there are to do there. The wonderful thing about visiting this beautiful Welsh treasure is that you get to take in all of the wonder and the beauty of nature, but do so while you are surrounded by the friendly culture of the Welsh. When you are looking at going to Brecon Beacons, here is a list of some of the things that you can do while you are there.
- Mountain Biking and Cycling: There are a lot of options involving mountain biking all around Brecon Beacons National Park. There are even difficulty levels depending on what your skills are and what kind of biking that you are after. Some of the companies nearby that can help you are:
- M&D Cycles
- Outdoor Ed Venture
- Maes y Lade Outdoors
- Hiking and Exploring: Naturally you are going to find some good hiking and walking trails around the Brecon Beacons National Park. You should take full advantage of them as well because they views and scenery they offer are completely unique and unlike anything else that you make find in not just Wales, but the entirely of the United Kingdom. Let your feet go for an adventure and see where it may take you. You can take a walk alone the Gower coastline, climb to the tops of the Brecon Beacons, or just let your feet take you where you want to go. I guarantee that you will find somewhere amazing to look at just merely by taking a nice walk all around the park.
- Horseback Riding: Why not take in the countryside the way that it was meant to be taken in? The Pentre Riding Stables are located in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park, supplying the horses that will allow for you to take in the natural beauty of the park, all at a nice and rhythmic pace. The Cantref Riding Centre also provides 20-minute rides as well as full-day tours of the national park, letting you do as little or as much as you would like.
- Rock and Ropes: If you are looking for something a little more adventurous than a standard hike through the park, then you should look further into climbing as well as other adventures that you can do. Dragon Adventure is situated in the heart of the Brecon Beacons National Park, providing a range of activities at all skill levels, so even beginners do not have an excuse to not try out mountaineering. With the beautiful and picturesque mountains that are all around the park, what better way to get in touch with nature than to look at the national from the top of a mountain peak? With the educated and skilled guides, you are sure to get the picture you were looking for, all with the strength of your own two legs and arms.
- Canoeing: Did you know that you can rent a canoe in the Brecon Beacons National Park? Celtic Canoes is a canoe hire service, with the option of guided towers that will let you float along the river, while supplying you with sound advice as well as good information to keep you safe while you are in the park. There is also the Govilon Activity Centre that will let you rent a raft as well as letting you explore other aspects of the park itself.